19 dic 2015

women and armors


The other day I went to see the Ingres exhibition at the Prado Museum here in Madrid. Besides his awesomeness and the mindblowing use of technique, I got hooked on the Joan of Arc painting. I grew up very attracted to the figure of Joan of Arc, and when I was little and searched for info about her, all I could find at my home was a big dictionaire with the Ingres portrait in it. To finally see it live was super weird and amazing.

When I saw it in person I couldn't stop thinking about that time, and about how many times I see her in fashion, in art, in movies... even when it isn't planned. My brain, (and I'm sure a lot of people's too) screams her name whenever I see a woman in an armor, a woman with a sword, or a woman with short chopped off hair. She is definetely my favorite archetype, and now that I have the internet in my life, I collected a few moments that express that feeling to me.

1. Isabella Blow by Tim Walker // Grimes
2. Actors Acting' Tilda Swinton
3. Jessica Chastain for Harper's Bazaar.
4. Dame of Thrones by Tim Walker
5. Alexander McQueen // Alexander Mcqueen by Nick Knight.
6. Gareth Pugh

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario